Sunday, November 20, 2005

I am going to do my art project on the Brontes! ...I mean Charlotte lol!
Actually I am trying to decide between Jane Eyre or Villette...will prolly go with Villette. I feel I need to give voice to Lucy...I NEED to get her out there. Jane and the Red Room is great too..but some how I feel there's more calling for Villette precisely because Lucy seems like she is NOT calling...when she really does. (if that maakes any sense).
I am going to call it "Who are you Lucy Snowe?" and give a series of sketches describing the different facets of Lucy: Polly, "brooding child", teacher, lover, "dazzling", imaginative (nun), "directress of her own destiny". I think I can go far with this project...provided I get a better sense of HOW I want to portray this...

In other news: got pissed again today. Was at a party a friend threw in Boston. It was nice being there instead of moping around in my room. However, there were some things I simply could not endure!
Firstly, my brain had SO much to engage me...like I'd have loved to incorporate art into everything.. in fact this one time I made a comment like "look at the layers of action within an action" referring to a friend taking pictures of other friends taking pictures. And the only retort I got was "OMG what? there you go again. contemplating too much. why do it?"

huh?? excuse me!!! What is wrong with my contemplating like that? What is wrong with my seeing things a differnet way? What is wrong with my wanting more out of what I see? Why do people look down and silence me like this?
And another thing...language. All of them talked in a diff. language, leaving me out of it...or rather I feel left out, always have...

so yeah..so much for an evening..

No comments: