Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I was surprised to see Tara Fitzgerald nude in the movie I Capture the Castle. She did manage to play the character of Topaz, the Mortmain children's eccentric, artistic step-mother with relish, though!.

The only other movie I've seen in which she acted was The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, where she played Helen Huntingdon. If we intertwine fact and fiction, then it is rather amusing to speculate Helen Huntingdon as Topaz!

Also, let's not forget Mrs. Reed, whose character Tara portrays in the new adaptation of Jane Eyre. Being neither awkward nor ungainly, at least she can carry herself well! ;)

2 comments:

Cristina said...

I'll probably get to see Tenant for the first time this weekend!! :D Perhaps not all of it though.

How do you like this series? Is it good?

mysticgypsy said...

Hi Cristina!
Yes, it is quite good. I never was too fond of Mr. Markham even when I read the book so Helen's stregnth is quite admirable, and Tara does a good job of it in this movie.

I hope you enjoy it!