Friday, January 05, 2007

First Post of the New Year

I hope this New Year has started off splendidly for everyone. I had spent the holidays with my parents at home and was transported to the World of Work only today. As result of my hiatus, my blogging activities had ceased for some time. However, I hope to revive them this year, with the wish of expanding upon my own writing. Realizing that I was never good at adhering to copious amounts of new year's resolutions, I resolved this year to make as small a list as is feasible. Striving to write more is one of the activities on my list, for as the past year drew to a close and inventories had to be made of the year's events, I confronted the painful fact that I failed at last year's NaNo. Occupied with more pressing issues, such as moving apartments and applying to graduate schools, I found little time to devote to writing. I hope things are more settled this year and that I will find not only time, but also enough sources of inspiration, to compose into scraps worthy of a read.

While this year has brought with it anxiety (which isn't out of the ordinary), there is also much to delight in. As for the former, I have yet to complete the application process in the next few weeks, after which will come another month or two of waiting to hear of the results. In any case, I am hoping things take a significant shift this fall: it'll either be going back to school or procuring another job.

And as for the delights, I have started reading the Narnia books!!! They are very engrossing and I hope to read more of them this year.

Also, a fellow Bronte-enthusiast, who shares my love of creativity inspired by the Brontes, has invited me to an event later this month which I am excited to attend.


And last but not least, Miss Potter will be released this month too, adding to what I hope would be an enchanting start to the New Year.


2 comments:

Cristina said...

I hope you will have more time for yourself this year too. I for one am looking forward to reading more posts by you :)

I think I might know what this Brontë event will be, but do keep us posted!! :D And enjoy yourself, of course.

mysticgypsy said...

Ah, did you figure it out by second-sight? :P

Thanks for reading my blog, and for the good wishes, Cristina!