Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A delightful correspondence

Dear Ms. A__
Thank you so much for your lovely note! It was also a pleasure seeing the Wuthering Heights stamp (it is not every day that one gets so delightful a gift in the mail!).
Lunch at the C__ sounds wonderful! I am available this week and the next. I can also bring along some Bronte art work that I've made, which I am sure you'll find amusing.

My favorite author vacillates between Charlotte and Emily, although there are moments in which I am drawn to Anne. I like all three of them depending on my mood and current situation. I love Emily's poetry the best, however, and she does have a way with words. Her poem "To Imagination" speaks volumes to me, particularly. Charlotte's works resonated with me strongly when I was a student and have had to make my way in the world. Anne's (or Agnes Grey's) patience and fortitude lifts up my spirts too.

I am delighted at the prospect of meeting and talking to you!

Sincerely,
_ _


The above is an exerpt from my correspondence with a fellow Bronte-enthusiast in the area. I can't wait to meet her! This will definitly help satiate the Bronte-hunger I've been feeling increasingly since I've graduated. Ah, there is so much fun in anticipation!

No comments: