Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Novelist (maybe?)

Despite having to prepare for another exam I am taking next month, and possibly a second one the same month, writing my Personal Statement, applying for my post-graduate studies, switching apartments, and working a full-time job, I have decided to take the plunge and try this anyway:

I have wanted to write a story for a while and this would have seemed like the ideal month to try and work at it along with a group of other writers had it not been for the timing especially as I am saddled with so many other priorities. However, I have decided to do what I can anyway, even if it is only a short story.

For today marks the start of the National Novel Writing Month and I am a:




I hadn't noticed it before but I ask: Why is there a man in that icon and why is that the only one availabe for participants to use?

4 comments:

Cristina said...

Ooh, best of luck! Seems like November is going to be a busy month for you but I'm sure everything will turn up great.

Will we get to read your piece of writing once it's done then? :)

mysticgypsy said...

Thanks for the wishes Cristina! The task is indeed quite daunting: NaNoWriMo wants you to write 50000 words in a month! eek!

If I come up with anything, I'll eludicate :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck mysticgypsy!

mysticgypsy said...

Hi Mandy and Jlb
Thanks for the wishes! :)