Saturday, March 18, 2006

A random act of Bronte occured today.
I was surprisingly proactive in public today (instead of my usual quietude) and gave a piece of my mind to the manager of a (well-known) bookstore. Um..not that I atually talked to him/her face to face, but I left a rather (vehement) note.

The premise of that matter was that this bookstore had a shelf devoted to "Famous Women Writers" and despite frantically searching, I found NOTHING by the Brontes! NOT ONE BOOK! There was even one by Mrs. Gaskell..Cranford, but nothing by the Brontes.

Pressed for time and risking being stranded in the city for another 2 hours, impulsively I marched up to the sales desk in fury and gave a tirade to the assistant about how inaccurate their book display was. I asked her to even tell me why Mrs. Gaskell was there. The girl fumbled for words and only managed to give me a piece of paper and a pen. On not finding the manager I could only manage a note.

Even if nothing happens at the bookstore, I am hoping I would have made a difference in the lives of two people at the very least: the manager (provided the note reaches him) and the assistant who had to endure listening to my rant.

1 comment:

Brontëana said...

Bravo! *applauds*