Friday, May 26, 2006

The condition of my blog is telling, for it correlates with the events in my life. While on the search for inspiration while writing my papers, I decided to play around with the template...which resulted in what you see now. As the semester began to wrap up, my posts became shorter in length. When I was in my classes, I was so intellectually stimulated that I couldn't contain myself as I had tons of things to write about. Now, removed from the intellectual environment of classes, I have little to occupy me. Much of my time now is taken up by attending Senior Week events, such as dinners and taking part in class-bonding activities. I do do do so wish I had time to contemplate freely. The days seem so packed that I'd give anything for a moment of quiet, for some time alone with my own thoughts.

But the "real world" must always pull one away from the magic of the world of Imagination, mustn't it? Unless I am in class, I fear things will always creep in and give me little time to live in the "other world"--the world of Dreams. I've got to do something about this. I must.

In terms of other happenings, I went to the Senior Gala today. I had never been to one in my life so I was curious to know what this would be like. In spite of the expense involved in preparation, I thought it went well. The place didn't have any sketchy guys and it was surrounded by people familiar to me. I actually danced today! Oh and how freeing it felt to have done so! I only wish I could muster up the nerve to dance like that more often!

No comments: