Friday, May 12, 2006

North and South is....

WONDERFUL!!! I just finished the first episode but I am simply itching to see the rest!! If I had more time I would have finished all 4 hours of it at once. However, considering I have the dreaded papers and exams to prepare for, I could use North and South as a reward.

I liked reading this books as well. I didn't think Gaskell wrote about burning passions but the book has it right there. Especially in the scene of the strike. How much more symbolic can it get than that?

And Richard Armitage is....so Rochesterian in a lot of ways! Not to mention he looks gorgeous!! *SQUEE*

Will try and write more on the subject if time and circumstances allow but I just couldn't contain myself at the moment!

1 comment:

mysticgypsy said...

hehe :P...though Ned wins hands down!