Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Project: The Hallam Letters

I am really excited! A week ago, one of my supervisors suggested that I read Byatt's Angels & Insects and just as I had finished half of the book (the Novella titled Morpho Eugenia)and was looking forward to watching the movie starring Kristen Scott-Thomas, I was told that I could work on a project that connects with this novel!

My supervisor had a visitor who asked to get information about Arthur Henry Hallam, and my supervisor asked her to get my assistance, saying that I was "very much" into the Romantics. So they asked me to write an article about the letters written by Arthur Henry Hallam to his beloved Emily (Emilia) Tennyson, who was the sister of Lord Alfred Tennyson! I was so excited that I didn't know what to even say for a few minutes. Thinking of the letters (and getting a chance to look and feel some of the originals) makes me feel so deliciously giddy! Oh I could almost feel myself stepping back in time...

2 comments:

mysticgypsy said...

I hope to once I get started! :D

Cristina said...

Ooh, how exciting! I hope everything goes well :)