Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I think Ned has been found, for I've had some news today! *drum roll*

My supervisor and I had a jolly time talking about Jane Eyre today! She said that she loved this book very much and that she was fond of Ned! You can imagine my excitement! We spent a good few minutes discussing him and how beneficial such a man is to womenkind :P Although her heart belonged to a 17th century French nobleman, she held Ned in high regard. I showed LERO to her, as well as all the Bronte sites I love and, though not half as excited as I was to show her, she was nevertheless quite pleased with what she saw.
When we got to the topic of "favorite Neds", she mentioned hers was Dalton. When I showed her our newest Ned, she literally shrieked, and shockingly she remarked, "Why! He looks like a.......Neanderthal man!!!!"

So now his manliness is accused of being *really* primitive indeed!!

2 comments:

mysticgypsy said...

Hi Frankengirl!
Dalton's my choice as well! From the clips I've seen of the 1973 version, Jayston seemed to portray a very complex picture of Rochester, which works to everyone's advantage! However, Sorcha's Jane seemed a bit too chirpy. The after-the-fire scene is supposed to be saturated with physical and sexual energy and I wasn't very pleased with Sorcha's take on this scene (the clips are on Thisbeciel's Jane Eyre website). Her portrayal of Jane undercut the intensity of Rochester's feelings. I prefered Zelah Clarke's Jane to Sorcha's in this scene..

I haven't watched the 1973 version either so I might have to hold my tongue before I give a definite verdict on Sorcha's Jane ;)

(P.S. I believe Neddy has been heard of but not found entirely..it is highly interesting to imagine his whereabouts :))

mysticgypsy said...

"The moment when he won't release her hand right away..."
I think this scene begs to be re-watched over and over again..we just did yesterday as well ;)

My supervisor's cat, has sent word that Pilot has informed him that Ned has been introduced to Lizzy Bennett at a ball in Meryton.
hmm wonder what he thinks of her, eh? :P