Thursday, January 05, 2006

oh man...i feel really bad now. My mother is really upset. She said I don't know how to "talk" to her.
Basically...I asked her something I am not sure if I should have. I asked (in a fit of rage) what the point was of having children if you only want to live through them. You ought to have a life of your own before you turn to your children to have your dreams fulfilled. That should not be the purpose of having chidlren. You should have children because you love them unconditionally. I told her that if someone just wants to love (and mind you we dont' use this word in our house...it just doesn seem right in our language), then it shouldnt' matter whose children it is: you should love a child you adopt just as well as if it was your own. I don't think she got my point.
Now she was really hurt about why I asked her these questions. She said it was not right for me to do so. I told her that I couldn't help questioning these things. My thoughts could be bad...but I could use some guidance in the right direction if this is the case. Simply NOT asking these questions is much worse than asking them and facing the consequences.

Do you think I asked the wrong things? At the time, I just had to "ask"...I couldn't contain these questions because they had been bugging me for a long time too...especially about why people have children. I didnt' want to make my mother upset but I didn't know how else to "talk" to her. She always used to tell me that I have stopped having conversations with her. If I do talk, then I express my opinions. If I do that, then it hurts her. What do I do?

She also said that I was thinking too much "too deeply" and that she was much more "simple" and therefore "humble". The point of Education is to question and when I said this, she told me, "now you are gloating about how you have more education then I do."

2 comments:

mysticgypsy said...

hmm she is headstrong about what she believes. She is a tough cookie definitly. And she argues...
As for being artsy, I am not too sure in what aspect exactly...I guess it must be there somewhere...

mysticgypsy said...

aww Thanks Frankengirl!