Wednesday, January 11, 2006

*Why in HELL are people SO shallow???
I was sitting in this room with 4 other people and all they did was talk the most silliest things that I know meant little to them. I wanted to run out of their house and freeze in the cold rather than continue to sit amongst such boringly insane company. First it was about silly reality tv stuff, then watching sex and the city. I absolutely detest that show. Its disgusting. I find it so degrading to women and I don't find much in the show other than the fact that one must try and look sexy in order to attract men (oops I mean sex), and if you don't do that, something is not right with you. Charlotte is the "prude" in the show but even she is looked down on if she does not do the "in" things. If such a show was tastefully done with deep themes, I might try and watch it, but it is so not the case here.
I'd rather sit through a Moll Flanders or a Sade story than watch 5 minutes of Sex and the City or reality tv. Puhleaze!!

*Why in HELL are some people so obsessed with superficial appearance?
Like this one guy talks about an actress in a film and all he could tell about her is "I hate her. She has a fat, ugly face". And the whole time I was seething with anger. Heaven knows how much I've had to control myself today from lashing out. I did manage to tell him that her having a fat, ugly face is something she cannot help. And he just stares at me with a crooked insinuating smile. Instead of commenting on her acting style or the technicalities of the script, her characterization or even costuming, all he could talk about is how UGLY she LOOKED!! Give me a break!!!!

*Why are a lot of people just not deep enough? Why do I find them to be so?
Its almost like they purposely choose to be lazy. COME ON!!! Kids in preschool are never even lazy. They are always giving puzzles and games to stimulate them, and they are so open to challege. They are really active too. Then you see these pathetic adults, gathered around the stupid tv (I am not much of a tv fan, you can tell), watching shallow shows and not even interacting with each other, exchanging ideas with each other. Did they even consider watching the news? NO! Instead they'd prefer something like Beauty and the Geek!! I've worked with preschoolers--they are SO much more mature than these people! Its almots like they just want to shut off what they do at work and talk about dumb stuff when they are not in work. Like if one of them had even talked about their work in detail, that would have been more intereting rather than loosely talking about inane things.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Hey, I read through a couple of your blog posts and you seem like a pretty interesting person. Keep it up!

mysticgypsy said...

Thank you :)